Week 2 of my foray into the Real Housewives world. Week 2 of convincing my husband to watch this with me. Week 2 of me trying to figure out who I am supposed to like and who I am supposed to hate.
1. Oh I get the Housewife twirl and tagline thing now. Mine would be “I like ice cream and I aim to be in bed by 9:30pm each night.”
2. Does Tamra’s husband always wear the same thing?
3. If someone said I couldn’t be trusted, I’d be understandably pissed. If someone spread a rumor that my husband was gay, then I’d be “huh? That’s unlikely but eh sexuality is a spectrum.” Have we considered that Tamra and Eddie doth protest too much? I mean why do we care so much? This feels manufactured (she whispers because again I don’t want to offend the long time viewers).
4. Why are they getting manicures in pedicure chairs?
5. “My sister had all three of my kids.” That’s some sisterhood. Al?
6. Real talk for a minute: fertility struggles are so much more common than we are lead to believe, so I appreciate Emily’s honesty. Emily just gained points.
7. I am never going to be interesting enough that someone wants to watch me get my car washed.
8. Husband: Wait this has been on for 6 years!?! Me: Um, I am pretty sure it has been on for 15. (I asked Uncle Google, and its been on for 12)
9. Vicki works? Isn’t this show a full-time job? They get paid for this right?
10. Emily, again being really relatable when it comes to working out, being a working mom, and fitness. Gaining more points.
11. Kelly killing it with the legging game again.
12. What did Eddie do to Vicki?
13. Gina has candles lit while playing hide-and-seek with her kids. Have you hung out with kids? They flail. That’s true bravery.
14. Gina’s daughter fighting that rosemary bush is the real star. She and Kelly’s kid need a spin off. This is going to be the theme of this series.
15. “You want to be friends with her again? After everything she’s put you through?” No, Eddie. We are contractually obligated to start each season as friends.
16. I am holding out judgment on Emily’s husband. But, he is being awfully snarky during what appears to be an important and emotional topic for Emily. Friends, I can feel it now. I am going to stan hard for Emily. You’ve been warned.
17. Whoa there’s a lot to unpack in this Vicki & Kelly situation. A) If Vicki really just had a BBQ and they met. Then whatever. B) But the double date seems strange. Are Vicki’s boyfriend and Kelly’s ex-husband independently friends? Because otherwise why is Vicki double dating with Kelly’s ex-husband? C) Kelly’s not wrong that Vicki could have mentioned it. D) This is clearly going to be an ongoing storyline.
18. Yes! I finally get to see these chicks drunk!